Dear all,

While not quite the same scenario as you describe, Meirian, we have been using CALM for on-site doc ordering for some years.

When a customer submits an order for an item, the details are printed on duplicate A5 sheets of plain white paper.

We tried to get the printer to pick up a compliments slip-sized piece of paper, but A5 was the smallest it could do.

The duplicate is achieved by just printer settings = print 2 of each, rather than the duplicate/triplicate effect of many request slips.

This helps with data gathering about numbers of productions, and gives us an audit trail of who looked at what and when, and who else looked at what items on the same day, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Heather Needham

Heather Needham
Principal Archivist (ICT & e-services)
Wessex Film and Sound Archive/Hampshire Archives and Local Studies

Did you know that we undertake digitisation work for external organisations?

Did you know that we have a cinema and small meeting room for hire?