Hi all,

On the 7th September 2018 the University of Huddersfield will be hosting an international HE data festival with the theme of data communication.  The festival is an excellent chance to come and find out about what is happening across the sector in terms of good practice when communicating complex data to diverse audiences, a task we all have to regularly undertake I'm sure.  We have speakers who are focussed on data quality, data visualisation, the value of data and of course: data analytics.  We'll also have data visualisations from across the sector for you to browse and you'll be able to catch a glimpse of Huddersfield's award winning campus and learning analytics infrastructure.

Speakers for the morning session (10.00am - 12.30pm) include:

Matt Hiely-Rayner - Head of Planning, Kingston University and compiler of the Guardian University League Table - The value added score, creating a benchmarked metric
Marian Hilditch - Head of Data Quality, Teesside University - Data quality for beginners or how to make friends and empower people
Andy Westwood - Vice Dean for Social Responsibility, University of Manchester - The context of communicating data in HE
Linda Mason - Director of Strategic Planning, Sheffield Hallam University - All the fun of the fair! The journey towards an evidence-based and performance-informed culture
Liz Bennett - University Teaching Fellow, University of Huddersfield - Students' learning responses to receiving dashboard data
Simon Jennings - Director of Strategic Planning and Governance, Lancaster University - How to define the value of data within your organisation

In the afternoon session, delegates will be able to view data visualisations developed by a range of universities across the sector including our international delegates from Southern Denmark University, explore the University of Huddersfield's campus and see the excellent work that is being done to transform the TEF into a useful feedback loop.  We are expecting delegates to be able to browse work from around 40 different institutions which makes this a very important event for those working in data communication.

Tickets are priced at £120 and are available now from our online store: https://www.store.hud.ac.uk/product-catalogue/conferences/he-data/he-data-festival-ticket

For any universities that agree to bring a demonstration of good work they have been undertaking in data communication and present it at one of our one-hour afternoon interactive poster presentation sessions we will be able to offer a reduced price of £70 per delegate for two delegates from your university.  This is a great chance to come and show off the great work you have been doing to a large audience, to take advantage of this please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, but do hurry as there are only 80 reduced price tickets available.

Thank you and best regards and I hope to see you there.

Paul.

Paul Youngson MEng MSc PhD FCMI CMgr
Head of Planning

Vice-Chancellor's Office
University of Huddersfield | Queensgate | Huddersfield | HD1 3DH

[Outstanding Strategic Planning Team (email signature)]
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]