Hi Emma,

Regards

Claire

Claire Heard

Timetabling, Exams and Graduation Manager

Academic Registry

University of Stirling
Stirling
FK9 4LA

Tel: +44 (0) 1786 467048
Email:
Web: www.stir.ac.uk

Hi

We are currently looking at our process for recruiting exam invigilators.  We currently use a mixture of internal staff as well as a pool of external invigilators.

Would anyone be willing to share their process for recruiting invigilators:

·         Do you use Internal or External Staff or both?

For main exam venues academic staff invigilate.  Academic Registry manage the invigilators for our exams for those with an agreed record of academic adjustments (ARUAA).  The invigilators are a mixture of PhD students; casual staff employed  as counsellors and mental health advisers at the University who are available to act as invigilators during the exam diet; retirees from other fields.

·         If external how do you recruit?

Word of mouth.  On our University vacancies page and via our Careers Service jobs link.

·         Do you have different roles i.e. Chief Invigilators, specific invigilators for PC exams

For ARUAA exams we have a Senior Invigilator role.  They are the first port of call for queries from ARUAA invigilators.

Our ARUAA invigilators also act as scribes and readers where required.

Exams Assistant (staff the secure bag venue and escorts candidates to the bathroom)

Any information you would be willing to share would be much appreciated.  If you would be happy to include the rates of pay you pay for external staff that would also be really helpful.

Senior Invigilator (Grade 6 – £13.74 plus holiday pay)

ARUAA Invigilator ( Grade 5 £11.53 plus holiday pay).  However, this role is currently being regraded and the expectation is that the role will be evaluated at Grade 3 (£9.07 to £9.75 plus holiday pay) .

Exams Assistant (Grade 1 - £8.75 plus holiday pay)

I would be happy to receive direct responses if preferred.

Many thanks

Louise

cid:image008.png@01D30D1B.8C0FF350

Louise Tomenson

Exams, Assessment and Awards Manager
Student and Academic Services

cid:image002.jpg@01D3180D.985539C0

+44 (0) 1274 235969

cid:image004.jpg@01D3180D.985539C0

www.bradford.ac.uk

To unsubscribe from the Admin-Student list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=Admin-Student&A=1

To unsubscribe from the Admin-Student list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=Admin-Student&A=1

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2018
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.