Hi Nick

     That’s a very timely question which we will be addressing at the IWMW 2018 event.  The theme of this year’s Institutional Web Management Workshop is “Streamlining Digital” and there will be a 90 minute panel session on “Blending Internal and External Services”. As described in the abstract for the session (http://iwmw.org/iwmw2018/talks/blending-internal-and-external-services/):

Digital teams don’t always have the skills or resources to undertake a task successfully themselves. There are times when effort provided from beyond the host institution could be used. But how do institutions go about deciding when such approaches are appropriate? Speakers including digital team managers, vendors and consultants will give their thoughts. The session will provide plenty of time for Q&A. A number of speakers will take part in this session, which will also provide opportunities for questions from the audience

Note the IWMW 2018 event, the 22nd annual event aimed at those who work in institutional web and digital teams will be held at the University of York on 11-13 July – see http://iwmw.org/iwmw2018/   But note that the official closing date for booking is Monday 18 June.

Hope this is of interest.

Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly, UK Web Focus

Email: [log in to unmask]