From: Zeidman, Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:55:49 AM
To: Mahalingam, Neeraja (mahalina); [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Question about effective connectivity in DCM

Dear Neeraja

The units for the self-connections are different than the units for the between-region connections in (one-state) DCM for fMRI.  The self-connection parameters are log scaling parameters. They scale up or down the default value of -0.5Hz:

a_hz = -0.5 * exp(a)

Where ‘a’ is the value in DCM.Ep.A and a_hz. This is done to ensure the self-connections are negative. You can use the equation above to change the self-connections in your matrix to units of Hz, e.g for PCC->PCC:

a_hz(1,1) = -0.5 * exp(0.098) = -0.55Hz

The between-region connections are in units of Hz already.

Best

Peter