Hello all,

I am new to SPM for fMRI, so my problem might seem simple but I would really appreciate your help.

I have structural images in .nifti format which I need to rotate before I can proceed to computing a mean image of all the scans.
I’ve tried to follow instructions found both in the SPM forum and at wikibooks, but still haven’t figured out exactly what needs to be done. After trying out myself adjusting the pitch, roll and yaw, I found out that if I roll by ‘pi’ I get an approximation of the correct orientation, but I’m not sure if that’s correct. Also in one of the images the axial, sagittal and coronal planes are shuffled in different order [panel a) from figure] so I suppose the solution would be different in this case?

Could someone please let me know how to approach this?

Best wishes,

Vasilis