Dear Feng

To be comparable the second model would have to have two nuisance regressors (i.e. one for each group padded with zeros in the end, or the beginning)  since you are comparing the model to a scenario where you project out the regressor with a group specific slope. The only thing that would then make a difference is that the latter approach has the correct degrees of freedom number i.e. Number of subjects - 4.

Best
Torben