El vie., 11 may. 2018 a las 17:42, David Seamon (<[log in to unmask]>) escribió:

All,

In regard to new books relating to space syntax, some of you might like to know that I have just published LIFE TAKES PLACE: PHENOMENOLOGY, LIFEWORLDS AND PLACE MAKING (Routledge, 2018). My main aim in the book is to explore place and lived emplacement generatively. I identify six place processes that I label place interaction, place identity, place release, place realization, place intensification, and place creation.

I discuss space syntax in relation to place intensification--the process via which elements and qualities of the physical, designable environment strengthen or weaken human wellbeing--in the case of space syntax, obviously, the ways that spatial configuration of pathways contribute to making a place one way rather than another.

Here's the Routledge link. By the way, if you decide to purchase, use the coupon code FLR40, and you will receive a 20% discount from the list price.

https://www.routledge.com/Life-Takes-Place-Phenomenology-Lifeworlds-and-Place-Making/Seamon/p/book/9780815380719

Life Takes Place argues that, even in our mobile, hypermodern world, human life is impossible without place. Seamon asks the question: why does life take place? He draws on examples of specific places and place experiences to understand place more…
David Seamon

Department of Architecture

Kansas State University

Manhattan, KS USA

--

Jesús Bermejo Tirado

Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Instituto de Cultura y Tecnología
C/ Madrid, 128. 28903 Getafe-Madrid
Despacho 14.1.03.

To unsubscribe from the SPACESYNTAX list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SPACESYNTAX&A=1