This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Dear all,

Please see below a great opportunity to join the team at People’s History Museum and look after our lovely collections!

https://phm.org.uk/vacancies-volunteering/collections-officer/

If you have an questions please drop me an email [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Jenny

Collections Officer
People’s History Museum
Circa £19,000
Fixed term contract (two years)

People’s History Museum (PHM) in Manchester is seeking an organised, committed and enthusiastic Collections Officer to join our Collections & Engagement Team.  You will have knowledge of 19th and 20th century British history and experience of caring for, cataloguing, and making museum collections accessible.

PHM is the national museum of democracy, telling the story of its development in Britain: past, present, and future.  The museum provides opportunities for people of all ages to learn about, be inspired by and get involved in ideas worth fighting for; ideas such as equality, social justice, co-operation, and a fair world for all.  PHM offers a powerful programme with annual themes; 2018 looks at representation and commemorates 100 years since the first women and all men got the vote, and 2019 will see a year of activities around protest movements to mark the bicentenary of the Peterloo Massacre in Manchester, 1819.

PHM collects items of national importance primarily from the last two hundred years of British labour and political history, including the history of working class people and their fight for equality and change.  The objects are hugely varied and include the largest collection of trade union and political banners in the world.  Other material includes sashes, emblems, political posters, cartoons, badges and tokens.  We also actively collect contemporary material relating to current political issues, key campaigns and demonstrations.

For enquires relating to the post, please contact Charlie Corkin, Executive Support Officer at [log in to unmask] or 0161 838 9190.

Further information

Download the Job Description and Person Specification

Download the PHM Business Plan 2018-2022

To apply
Download the application form filling it in referring to the job tasks and person specification demonstrating how you fulfil the criteria.

Email completed application forms to [log in to unmask].

Closing date: Wednesday 4 July 2018 at 5.00pm
Interview candidates notified: Wednesday 11 July 2018

Interview date: Tuesday 17 July 2018

Please indicate on your application form if you are unable to make the interview date.

Jenny Mabbott

Head of Collections and Engagement

People's History Museum

Please note my working days are Tuesday to Friday.

Love PHM?  Donate or Join the Radicals and support ideas worth fighting for.

Visit our crowdsourced exhibition Represent! Voices 100 Years On, reflecting on those who campaigned for better representation.  How far have we really come in 100 years?  On show until Sunday 3 February 2019.

Visit every day 10.00am – 5.00pm, second Thursday each month 10.00am – 8.00pm.  Free entry, donations gratefully received.

People’s History Museum, Left Bank, Spinningfields, Manchester M3 3ER

Tel/Fax: + 44 (0)161 838 9190 | Web: phm.org.uk | Twitter: @PHMMcr | Facebook: /PHMMcr | Instagram: @phmmcr | Blog: PHMMcr

Sign up to our e-newsletter and Learning e-newsletter to receive updates on what’s happening at the museum.

Registered as National Museum of Labour History in England No 2041438.  Registered Charity No 295260.

This email from the People's History Museum is directed only to its intended recipient.  The contents are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient please do not read the contents of this email or print, re-transmit, store or otherwise circulate, use or act upon its contents or any attachment and inform the sender.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST