Dear SEDA list

As part of a general sense that many of us (and our colleagues) would
like to make more curricula inclusive but are not quite sure how to set
about it, I've set up an afternoon for a meta-workshop Getting Started
with Inclusive Curricula, where 'meta-workshop' means 'a workshop to
design a workshop' for educational developers to help teaching staff get
started on their own curricula. As the blurb on Eventbrite says
(https://www.eventbrite.com/e/getting-started-with-inclusive-curricula-meta-workshop-tickets-47507466110)
the focus will be very much on creating activities (or walkthroughs, or
similar) on specific actions that can be taken.

Please let me stress this means it is not intended to be (just) about
identifying resources or about discussing whether or not we should be
doing this; I anticipate us working in small groups to create slides or
Moodle/Blackboard-based activity blueprints, suggested assessment
activities and so on. I envisage us designing activities that have
*them* identify resources relevant to their fields rather than us
stockpiling an eclectic and incomplete set aspiring to cover all
disciplines.

Space is limited partly because of room limitations but also partly
because I suspect a small group will achieve more than a large one.

So if you're also impatient but a bit stuck about this, do please come
along. If it goes well, we can make it the first of a series: I just
wanted to get stuck in;) I would particularly like to get people with
protected characteristics or direct experience in the room to keep it
all authentic and viable.

Hope you can make it, and if not, perhaps at another event. Because of
room availability, we start at 2.30 and can go until 5.30 (obviously,
people may need to cut out before the end so we'll start to wind things
down from 5).

Cheers
Jason Davies

--

Dr Jason P Davies (Tuesday-Friday)
Senior Teaching Fellow

Visit the [UCL Teaching and Learning
Portal](www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning)

[![](https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/sites/teaching-learning/files/styles/non_responsive/public/migrated-images/arena_1.jpg?itok=7BDobgEP)](https://www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning/professional-development)