Good questions Annelies; I would also be interested in this; in particular results that link assessment methods to levels of Blooms?

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Annelies Gilis
Sent: 22 June 2018 11:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SOS activating students

Dear all,

At KU Leuven we are making a university-wide change towards activating education in all programmes. We are creating train-the-trainer materials to support the educational developers working in different pilot projects. Two questions:

·         We want to offer a list of possible ways to measure the effect of the activating interventions. What are your experiences?

·         Starting the micro-support of teachers with an analysis of the course (phase in the curriculum, group size, focus of the course linked to bloom’s taxonomy, …), we would like to match certain teaching methods to bloom’s taxonomy: How can you activate students in a course focusing on remembering? What is possible when your course focuses on analyzing or evaluating?...  Are there research results that link teaching methods to certain levels of Bloom’s taxonomy?

Thank for your responses!

Annelies

Annelies Gilis
Educational developer

Educational Development Unit
Kapeldreef 62 bus 5206
3001 Leuven
tel. +32 16 32 65 38

I am not at the office on Wednesday afternoon and Friday afternoon

Visit our website for more information and follow us on Twitter.

http://stijl.kuleuven.be/mail/2013-kuleuven-rgb.png

To unsubscribe from the SEDA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SEDA&A=1