Dear all

This is to give notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Screenwriting Research Network, and to call for nominations to the SRN Executive, to serve for the two years 2018-19 and 2019-20.

The AGM will be held at the SRN Conference, at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy, on Friday 14th September 2018, at 13:00. Exact location to be advised by the Conference organisers. Please let me know if you have any items you wish to raise or add to the agenda for discussion.

At this AGM, under Section 5 of the SRN constitution (2014) we will receive nominations for members of the Executive Council of the SRN, for which there are THREE vacancies. Section 5.7 of the constitution says:

5.7. Nominations for election to the Executive Council, and supporting statements, must be made by members of the Association in writing, and must be in the hands of the Association’s Secretary at least four weeks before the date of the election. These nominations and statements must be available to the Association’s membership no later than 14 days before the date of the election. Should nominations exceed vacancies, there shall be an election by secret ballot.

As the Secretary, I have asked Dr. Eleonore Fornasari of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore to act as Elections Officer, to receive nominations for the Exec Council, and to impartially oversee the appointment of new members, including management of an election if held.

So, if you wish to stand for election to the Exec, please send a Statement of no more than 250 words supporting your nomination, plus the names and contact details for a Proposer and Seconder, by Friday 13th July 2018 to Dr. Fornasari, at [log in to unmask]

Please consider standing for election! I can assure you it is a very pleasurable task, involving monthly skype chats and light duties! Let me know if you have any questions about what it involves, or about this process.

Best wishes

ian