There are many enterprise storage discussions today focused on moving data to public clouds for archival as the cost of entry is modest, especially when immediate capacity is required.  But, once you make that commitment to a public cloud, there may be scenarios that require the data to be moved back on-premises in a reverse cloud storage strategy.

This may include a need for IT to control some critical data (such as transactional, inventory or proprietary), meet certain regulations (such as GDPR), comply with specific standards, respond to audits, perform analytics, or simply for financial reasons.

http://bit.ly/2Md5uVn

http://bit.ly/2Md5uVn+

--
Peterk