Discovery Science needs UK based North American science communicators.

Wag TV are currently making the next series of the hit show ‘Strange Evidence’ for Discovery’s Science Channel https://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/strange-evidence/. The series investigates weird and wonderful phenomena caught on camera; from an ancient Egyptian statue that mysteriously rotates on its own in a glass cabinet to terrifying exploding manhole covers in New York. We explore the scientific theories for what's happening in the footage, finally revealing the truth of what may be going on.

As part of the series we feature experiments that help reinforce or debunk certain theories about what’s being shown in the footage. We are looking for UK based North American science communicators to help bring these experiments to life on screen, clearly communicating the scientific principles that underlie the experiments outcomes.

This is big, popular, fun science – think explosives, liquid nitrogen and crash test dummies… If you think you can help bring this kind of thing to life we would love to hear from you. Filming is taking place in the UK in mid-July so we’d love to hear from people soon!

Do get in touch with [log in to unmask] or call 0203 195 3728 if you want to know more.

Many thanks,

Jack Walton

Producer/Director

Strange Evidence

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************