From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Don Norman
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Clarifying my request about the word "Design." (Once again

It is so much fun to start a thread on this list and then see how it wanders hither and thither.

---
I am NOT (and am not) interested in defining design or deciding what is or is not a part of Design.

I was simply concerned with the fact that many people (Lay folks and professional designers alike), believe that Design is one thing, and so they make pronouncements about "design" that are false for many of the legitimate areas of design.

I was wondering if there was some other word (or phrases) we could use to describe what we do that would avoid this false over-simplifications.