I am forwarding this on behalf of Maternity Action. If you would like further information or want to discuss the vacancy further, please contact the director, Ros Bragg, whose contact details are below.

Trustee vacancy

Maternity Action is the UK’s leading charity committed to ending inequality and improving the health and well-being of pregnant women, partners and young children – from conception through to the child’s early years.  We are a small national charity based on feminist principles and human rights.

We provide online information and telephone advice on maternity rights at work, maternity benefits and rights for asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrant women.  We answer 2,500 calls each year and parents view our online information sheets over 80,000 times each month.  We have an active programme of campaigning to better protect pregnant women, new mothers and their families and promote their health and wellbeing.

We are recruiting two new trustees.  We are seeking individuals with a commitment to women's rights and gender equality, and who have:

·         expertise in migration and/or asylum policy; and/or

·         knowledge of the migrant experience and migrant organisations.

We are particularly interested in candidates from diverse ethnic backgrounds and/or migrant backgrounds.

Trustees are expected to attend four meetings a year, usually 5:30-7:30pm on a weekday evening at our offices in Old Street, London, and our Annual General Meeting. Trustees are also expected to participate in some email-based discussions between meetings.

Please send a CV and a covering note outlining what you feel you can contribute to the role to [log in to unmask]  Applications close 30 August 2018.

For more information about the role, please contact Rosalind Bragg, Director on 020 7253 2288.