Dear Newton,

This is absolutely fantastic and I don't mind saying so in a public forum! Thank you for the inspired work that has gone into this.

As well as taking Newton's advice, I strongly recommend that Mandarin teachers talk to your European language colleagues (if you have them) and listen to their methods of preparing students for the new GCSE speaking exam. Some of their methods are not applicable for Mandarin but most of them are. You don't have to struggle by yourselves!

Thanks again Newton, and good luck to everyone.

Kay