Lyrasis (see http://lyrasis.org) recently completed an IMLS-funded study on the development of open source communities within the cultural heritage sector, called It Takes A Village.  The major output from this work is a Guidebook on the development of open source communities, which can be downloaded for free from their website at the link below.

https://www.lyrasis.org/technology/Pages/IMLS-OSS.aspx

To declare an interest, representing the Samvera Community, I was one of the attendees at the forum that helped produce the material for this Guidebook.  I would very much recommend the publication for any open source projects looking to develop a community, or extend their existing one as a source of valuable insights on how others are tackling similar issues.

Regards,

Chris

Chris Awre | Head of Information Services | University Library

University of Hull

Hull, HU6 7RX, UK

www.hull.ac.uk

[log in to unmask] | 01482 465441 | 07545 422674

@UniOfHull       /UniversityOfHull      universityofhull

To unsubscribe from the LIS-OSS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-OSS&A=1