Dear colleagues
The Sherif committee invites you to attend our next event - details are below. The closing date for bookings is on the 18th June.  The committee looks forward to seeing you there.
Events and meetings

Our next event 'Save the time of the (e)reader: easier access for all?' will be held on Monday 25th June 2018 at JISC Collections, Brettenham House, London WC2E 7EN.

Event details (subject to change)
Attendance includes refreshments and lunch

9.30-10.00 - registration
10.00-10.45 - Keynote speaker: Magaly Bascones, JISC - 'Metadata: implications for librarians and end users'
10.45-11.00 - Sam Ziesler and Thomas Vause, Leeds Beckett - 'Personalising resource access at Leeds Beckett
11.00-11.30 - refreshment break
11.30-12.00 - Vee Rogacheva, UX Designer, OpenAthens - 'How can user centred design transform the library experience?'
12.00-12.30 - Getaneh Alemu, Southampton Solent - 'The existing challenges and opportunities in the cataloguing and metadata function of Southampton Solent'
12.30-1.15 - lunch
1.15-2.00 - Ken Chad -'The student consumer and the rise of e-textbook platforms'
2.00-2.30 - Adam Rusbridge, EDINA - Clarifying e-journal subscription history
2.30-3.00 - workshop
3.00-3.30 - Q&A
3.30 - close

Attendance at our events is free for one person from each member institution<http://www.sherif.ac.uk/Membership1.pdf> Additional member institution places: £52 per person
Non-member places: £160 per person
Please note we reserve the right to charge any non-attendee the full non-member rate.

Booking form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCS9o3x5ujV8dsQPsCRKya2l1UYMo5CpxLBCVCRfFooO0yJA/viewform?usp=sf_link>. Booking closes on 18th June.

You can now pay for event places by credit card via our PayPal account. Please contact the Treasurer<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let him know if you do so.

Any cancellations must be received by 18th June. Booked places not cancelled by this date may be invoiced at the relevant rate.

sherif annual membership costs £105 p.a. with a 3 year offer of £290 for HE institutions and £52 p.a. for FE institutions. So, signing up for annual membership allows the institution to send one member free of charge to each of the 2 events held per year.

Any queries, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Feedback from our February 2018 event:

  *   Real world examples
  *   Good variety and relevant range of topics
  *   Very informative and thought-provoking
  *   All very useful
  *   Case studies of what people are actually doing is always good
  *   Really informative and enjoyable - would highly recommend!

For previous events, please go to our Past Events<http://www.sherif.ac.uk/pastevents.html> page

Elizabeth McHugh
Chair - sherif (shared e-resources information forum)
University of the Highlands and Islands
Tel: Office: 01463 279 864
       Mob:   07748146418
Web: http://www.sherif.ac.uk/