Hi all,

Does anyone know what this bowl was used for? It was found in the ruins of the Order of St John hospital in Jerusalem.

Thanks!

Sophie

Sophie Dayman

Learning Assistant

Museum of the Order of St John

St John's Gate, London, EC1M4DA

 1473269072457_logo.jpg

Tel: 020 7324 4005 / 4075

www.museumstjohn.org.uk

 1473269215240_fb.png    1473269219387_twitter.jpg    1473269222414_instagram.png

St John Ambulance, a company limited by guarantee. Registered office: St John's Gate, Clerkenwell, London, EC1M 4DA Registered in England no. 3866129 - Registered charity no. 1077265

ST JOHN AMBULANCE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This communication, and the information it contains, is (a) intended for the person(s) and/or organisation(s) to whom it is addressed and is for no other person(s) or organisation(s) and (b) may be confidential, legally privileged and protected by law, including law of copyright. Unauthorised use, copying, forwarding or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us immediately at [log in to unmask] or by post (marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer) at St John Ambulance, 27 St John's Lane, London EC1M 4BU. For our full privacy policy including details of our data protection officer and retention policy, please read the full policy on our website. + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +