Dear all,
We have a question regarding design matrix. We have 4 groups: sham, waiting list, Drug1 and Drug2. Each group has 3 session 3 in the scanner: pre, post and after 4 months. There are different subjects in each group, but the subjects are same within sessions.
I originally thought that a two sample paired t test would be best suited and I can test each session at a time for pre vs post. And if something is found significant in for example group 1 pre vs post and not significant in control group pre vs post, then i can consider it significant. However I have just realised that probably a better approach would be to use a 1 factor 4 level anova as described here. Is that the correct design matrix ? But here, the example considers 8 subjects, that means at each level there is a different subject.
My question is, was my previous approach correct or should I follow the 1 factor 4 level approach as described below ?

https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/GLM#ANOVA:_1-factor_4-levels__.281-way_between-subjects_ANOVA.29
GLM - FslWiki<https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/GLM#ANOVA:_1-factor_4-levels__.281-way_between-subjects_ANOVA.29>
Experimental Designs - No repeated measures. We start considering only designs where there is one scan per subject, that is, no repeated measures.
fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk

Any help will be very appreciated

Thanks and best
Qasim