Totally agree Ros.

When you have 1400 students sitting GCSE Maths and English. Splitting packs and doing A4 to A3, then onto coloured takes an age.

Vicky

Sent: 18 June 2018 15:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: This horrible awful exam series!!!!

I agree – this year has been horrible, nearly broken me and I have done the job for donkey’s years.  I have developed an over-reliance on sugar and a swearing habit that may never be undone.

I agree with Paula about the early opening of papers.  Do we need to start a petition??!  I think a sliding scale of cohort numbers versus the early opening time allowed would be sensible.  So if you have up to or including 200 candidates, 90 minutes – 400 candidates, 120 minutes – 600 candidates, 150 minutes – or whatever.  We all know JCQ write their regs mainly for schools and what we need is very different.

Any thoughts??

Ros Stapleton
Achievement & Exams Officer
College of West Anglia
01553 815370 ext 2370
www.cwa.ac.uk<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cwa.ac.uk&c=E,1,TmYsds_C9ojF8vgc1W7dAfX2HaV_GzMSY5mDTVP9J5ifYPUDRtlK5J3cKcrxzWgT2TREHGYnSgkAlXg5wBiB9Rrltg83xYaavAY4dd449ClUPobTcHY,&typo=1>