News, 4 June 2018

Economics Network GTA Workshops

In the autumn, we will run a series of workshops<https://economicsnetwork.ac.uk/events/workshops><https://economicsnetwork.ac.uk/events/workshops> across the UK for graduate teaching assistants/tutors. If your department is interested in hosting a workshop, please contact me and we will do our best to arrange one. We will make the dates and details available throughout the summer so please check our website for details.

Rebuilding Macroeconomics Network Conference

The Rebuilding Macroeconomics Network will hold a two-day conference entitled: “Bringing psychology and social sciences into macroeconomics”, on 1 and 2 October 2018, at HM Treasury. For further details, see the flyer attached or visit the Rebuilding Macroeconomics website<https://www.rebuildingmacroeconomics.ac.uk/psychology-social-sciences-macroeconomics-conference/>.

CORE Schools Economics Challenge

The CORE Project, with the help of FT Secondary Schools, is launching the CORE Schools Economics Challenge 2018, which challenges students in schools across the world to create an accessible and entertaining short video on an economic topic. This year’s theme is: “Ten years on from the global financial crisis”. Further information is available on the CORE website<http://www.core-econ.org/core-schools-economics-challenge-2018>.

We would appreciate it if you could circulate this email to colleagues in your departments and to contacts in local schools. If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Ashley

Jiscmail has reviewed and updated their service policies to ensure we are compliant with GDPR - these are available at: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/index.html

_____________
Ashley Lait
Centre Manager, The Economics Network

Please note, I don't work on Thursdays.

The Priory Road Complex
Priory Road
Bristol
BS8 1TU

Tel: 0117 42 82451

[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rgNXXze6f8XVwNIGHvrDdv-sS_G856q0tBYSo2XV7HiN8b1zBrd8pFxoeccLqpM2L_RSRIf0cpd7GnJAy7XcmCDUkeF9hxMm=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/nav/logo2013.png]
www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk<http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk>
[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/PQxzwE0w2MXlPmXtK6W0frFSY3AnJGcF54-_lyopuMwKGc8lcDlaZR90FysuPDHq5hJ3QUnkRd6WxGS_tY6tQQ=s0-d-e1-ft#https://g.twimg.com/twitter-bird-16x16.png]@Economics_net<http://twitter.com/economics_net>