 Dear CCP4BB community,

We have an opening in the Bujnicki lab at the International Institute of
Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (the top-ranked research center in
Poland)  for a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in crystallography
and interested in combining various experimental methods for structure
determination of RNAs and RNA-protein complexes.

*Key information about us:*

• To have an idea of the working activity of the host group, check the
website http://genesilico.pl

• We are an interdisciplinary team that combines basic science (to solve
the mysteries of nature) and applied science (to make the discoveries
practically useful). In our laboratory, software developers meet with
experimental biologists, and high-throughput data analysis combines with
sophisticated studies of individual biomacromolecules. We develop new
computational methods, new tools for biotechnology, and molecules that will
hopefully become drugs against diseases. Our goal is to understand the
structure of RNA molecules, and design molecules that do not exist yet. We
are also involved in efforts towards commercialization of our results.

• We are one of the most successful RNA modeling teams in the world: see
rankings of RNA Puzzles. Our recent focus and biggest successes are in
computational and experimental analyses of RNA and RNA-protein  (RNP)
complexes. For examples, see: *Smietanski et al. *Nature Commun 2014, *Boniecki
et al.* Nucleic Acids Res 2015.

• We are hosted by IIMCB (http://iimcb.gov.pl), the top-ranked (A+) Polish
research institute in biology, with cutting-edge equipment and facilities,
in particular for bioinformatics, experimental molecular and structural
biology.
IIMCB also provides support for science commercialization, development of
spin-off companies etc.

• IIMCB is an equal opportunity employer and holds 'HR Excellence in
Research' logo for the implementation of the provisions of the European
Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of
Researchers.

*As a postdoctoral researcher you will lead our experimental structural
biology analyses: *Our laboratory has recently extended the scope of
techniques used for protein, RNA and RNP structure determination. We are
using X-ray crystallography and SAXS and extending our work to include AFM
and cryoEM.
The experimental research is linked with the development of modeling
methods. We are now looking for a postdoctoral researcher experienced in
macromolecular crystallography (both in crystallization and crystal
structure determination), interested in combining various experimental
methods for macromolecular structure determination and in leading the
experimental structural biology efforts in the lab. We particularly
encourage applications from candidates interested in a long-term
collaboration, possibly in the role of a senior scientist, leading their
own projects within the laboratory, submitting their own grant applications
and developing a career in an interdisciplinary and international team.
Highly motivated individuals are encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate
should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives,
coordinate daily activities of the project team, collaborate with other
researchers, including experimentalists and theoreticians.

*Requirements:*

• PhD in biology, chemistry, physics or related area

• Documented extensive experience in macromolecular crystallography
(proteins and/or nucleic acids)
• Experience in protein and RNA biochemistry will be a strong advantage

• Experience in other techniques of structural biology (SAXS, AFM, cryoEM
etc.) will be a strong advantage

• Organizational capabilities, creativity, proactive and collaborative
attitude, communication and interpersonal skills

• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise most relevant to the
project and to the profile of the laboratory

*We offer:*

• Full contract (umowa o pracę) initially 11,000 PLN/month (~6,000 average
net; 13 payments/year), guaranteed for at least one year

• Extension and increased funding available, depending on success and
grant/fellowship proposals

• Appointment starting in October 2018

• Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)

• Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package
and membership in MultiSport programme

• Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and
academic mentoring

*How to apply:*

• We will collect applications until June 15th 2018

• *Apply now* (or ask any questions you may have) to

• In the subject include "*postdoc-crystallography*" and your first and
last name

• Your application must be in English and should contain a CV, a motivation
letter (What is your scientific dream and how do you want to fulfill it?
What are your key strengths? Why do you want to work with us?), a
description of your key achievements, and contacts to at least two
potential referees, including at least one direct supervisor.

• Please include the following statement in your application: "I hereby
give consent for my personal data included in my application to be
processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal
Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of
Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”

• Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks before the
final interview.

• The competition may be repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfills
all requirements is found.

Best,

--
Radoslaw Pluta, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Bujnicki Labwww.genesilico.pl

International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw
ul. Ksiecia Trojdena 4, 02-109 Warsaw, Poland
tel: +48 22 597 07 54www.iimcb.gov.pl