We are looking to recruit a world leading scientist to succeed Prof Gabriel Waksman FRS FMedSci as Director of the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology at UCL and Birkbeck, University of London.

The Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology (ISMB) is a world-leading interdisciplinary institute in the field of structural, molecular and mechanistic biology, and an important strategic collaboration between UCL and Birkbeck, University of London. Research interests cover a broad range of key research questions in fundamental biology, with a particular focus on the mechanisms of molecular machines. Our approaches are at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary biomolecular science. World-class research facilities are accessible to all ISMB members, including laboratories for cryo-electron microscopy, X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, biophysical methods, mass spectrometry, computational biology, cell biology, optical microscopy and microbiology. ISMB seminars, symposia and retreats facilitate collaborative research activities, while our PhD programmes, including an ISMB Wellcome Trust funded programme, support recruitment of high-calibre students committed to interdisciplinary research.  The successful candidate will have a world-class record of research in a complementary area, a shared commitment to multidisciplinary and multiscalar approaches to mechanistic biology, and a vision to lead the ISMB to the next stage of its development.

Details and the application form can be found at
https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTczNDQwNCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ=

For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Frances Brodsky (Director, UCL Biosciences and Chair of the Search Committee ([log in to unmask]) or, for enquiries about Birkbeck, Professor Nicholas Keep ([log in to unmask]).

Closing Date 31st July 2018

--
Prof Nicholas H. Keep
Executive Dean of School of Science

email     [log in to unmask]
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G54a Office)
          020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the crystallography entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door