whose paper? our universities pay subscriptions for these journals and we even pay on top of that for the pages of our publications (even when they're not actually printed!), whilst we review papers for free! sounds like a well-validated way to use taxpayers' money to keep the expensive company cars etc. nice and shiny. why don't universities just require reimbursement for the time we invest to insure that the merchandise is up to standard? €100 per hour would be cheap. seems to me as though some capitalists need to add a few lines to their balance sheets....
best, jon

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Robbie Joosten
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Juni 2018 13:42
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] Oxford University Press

Yes, but think of all the money they miss due to your pirating of their paper ;) It's the typical discussion about whether piracy of copyrighted material leads to loss or gain of revenue. There are a lot of models here, but not necessarily well-validated.

Anyway, if people want to read your papers and cannot get them from ResearchGate, I'm sure they can find them on another online collection, a hub of some sort ;)

Cheers,
Robbie