Hello all,

And apologies for cross-posting

Following our report ‘The effects of menopause transition on women’s economic participation in the UK’ for the UK Government Equality Office last year, we are conducting a survey of working-age women and men and their knowledge, views and experiences of menopause at work. The survey aims to provide an insight into all women and men’s views and experiences, so we would like as many people as possible to take part. Those located outside of the UK are very welcome to join in – in fact we are actively interested in thoughts and experiences from elsewhere. Please just select ‘Other’ on the question asking where you are located.

Follow the link to start the survey and distribute the link widely!

https://efim.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/menopause-survey

The survey does not require you to provide a name or contact details, so your anonymity is guaranteed.

We have been working with a range of organisations to address the menopause taboo and implement changes in workplaces. But we still know very little about how people feel about menopause at work, who is affected and how. This is especially the case for workers in manual and/or low-paid employment, the views of colleagues and line managers, and how the experiences of mid-life working women and mid-life working men compare. The results from the survey will allow us to understand menopause issues in workplaces better.

We will make an overview report of the findings publicly available via the channels used to distribute this survey.

Please participate in the survey and distribute the link to your professional and social networks.

Vanessa Beck (University of Bristol, UK)
Jo Brewis (The Open University, UK)
Andrea Davies (University of Leicester, UK)

Survey: https://efim.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/menopause-survey

To unsubscribe from the BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BSA-WORK-EMPLOYMENT-ECONOMICLIFE&A=1