Hi, Luke - please let me know if there's anything I can say or do to help you figure out how the ModPo site works. It's free and open to all. - Al

From: British & Irish poets <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 4:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Divya Victor on Whitman

Maybe 'they are an acquired taste'? I signed up to ModPo but got overwhelmed, and it seemed weirdly cult like in structure!
Luke

On 3 June 2018 at 18:21, David Bircumshaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am very impressed with the way the notion  of Modpo has been elided into Walt Whitman and Dickinson. Good job you devious slippery scheming shysters aren't removed from historical accuracy by a nationalist agenda. After all, where would we be then?

Great to know a list focused on British and Irish poetry is seen worthy of this attention.

David

A new video has been added to week 2 of the "ModPoPLUS" syllabus on the various legacies of Whitman and Dickinson. This is a discussion of Divya Victor's "W Is for Walt Whitman's Soul" (from her new book "Kith"). Anna Strong Safford & Erica Kaufman discuss the poem with me. Soon we will add another video in which Laynie Browne & Divya Victor herself also discuss this poem.

Here's the text:  https://media.sas.upenn.edu/afilreis/ModPoPLUS/Victor-Divya_W-is-for-Walt-Whitmans-Soul.pdf

& here's the link to the video: https://www.coursera.org/learn/modpo/resources/hQRQK .

To view the video you need to be logged into the ModPo site; it's completely free & open to all here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/modpo

- Al

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1