Someone just sent me this - an important piece of history as millions died,
I believe.

I have just read a review by Andrew Roberts of the latest volume of the
Churchill papers by Martin Gilbert.  The volume is titled "Normandy and
Beyond: May-December 1944, The Churchill Documents, Volume 20."  In the
review, Roberts writes: This volume contains President Roosevelt's refusals
to Churchill's repeated requests for American shipping to transport
Australian wheat to Bengal during the terrible famine there.  "I regret
exceedingly the necessity of giving you this unfavourable reply," the
President wrote on  June 1.  Roberts goes on: "Those revisionist historians
and journalists who attempt
to blame Churchill for the famine and its aftermath should read this volume,
which absolves him from their ahistorical and fundamentally ignorant
attacks."