Honestly, I never really thought about the difference between an archive and a museum. That is, I know they aren’t the same thing, each serving a specific, different purpose, but I still figured anything worth saving forever was most likely on display somewhere, and viewing it probably required a ticket. The alternative, I assumed, was that everything was sitting in a dusty storage locker, waiting for my uncle to buy it at auction.

Spoiler: I was wrong.

I recently had the opportunity—two press opportunities—to visit the Walt Disney Archive and the Pixar Archive, as a guest of the respective studios.

http://bit.ly/2I1Td2E
http://bit.ly/2I1Td2E+

--
Peterk