Good morning!

I have a colleague who is considering a career in archives and they would like some introductory reading on what archives are and how they are managed.  It's a long time since I looked at any of this and we don't have access to some more obvious printed sources so I wondered if anyone had suggestions of their top three (or however many!) articles/blogs/podcasts etc which introduce archival concepts.  I am especially interested in materials which explain the evidential nature of archives as well as the principles of provenance, maintaining original order and introduction to standards.

There are some excellent suggestions given by Kate Theimer on her blog: http://archivesnext.com/?p=4456 but I am hoping for some more basic/introductory stuff to begin with.

Looking forward to your suggestions which I will summarise on the list.

Best wishes

Rachel

Rachel MacGregor
Digital Archivist