 BRITISH LIBRARY JOB VACANCY
Oral History Archivist
Full Time, Fixed Term for 2 years (with possibility of extension)
£32,000 per annum
Based at the British Library’s St Pancras site in London
Vacancy reference: 02030
Applications: https://britishlibrary.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/birl/
Closing date: 1 July 2018

The British Library is seeking to appoint an Archivist to join the Library’s Oral History team, within the Sound & Vision section. The Oral History Archivist has a central role within the Oral History and National Life Stories team, working with the Oral History Curators, project interviewers and other freelancers, placements and volunteers. The post also liaises with colleagues across the Library, particularly with those in Sound & Vision Technical Services, the HLF-funded ‘Unlocking Our Sound Heritage’ project, Web Services, and Corporate and Information Management Unit, to develop policy and strategies for the digitisation, preservation and dissemination of Oral History collection material (audio, audio-visual and written documentation), collection-related records, and institutional records relating to National Life Stories.

The post-holder will be a qualified archivist (or someone with equivalent experience) with an understanding of the issues and standards surrounding the preservation and maintenance of access to analogue and digital audio-visual collections, to provide team and project archive support, data management, public enquiry response, training programme organisation, acquisitions processing and cataloguing, and public talks and training. The post also leads on the archival and digital data policy aspects of the section’s activities, and manages an Archive and Administrative Assistant post, volunteers and placements.

In return we offer a competitive salary and a number of excellent benefits.  Our pension scheme is one of the most valuable benefits we offer, as our staff can become members of the Alpha Pension Scheme where the Library contributes 20.9%. Another significant benefit the Library provides is the provision of a flexible working hours scheme which could allow you to work your hours flexibly over the week and to take up to 5 days flexi leave in a 3 month period. This is on top of 25 days holiday from entry and public and privilege holidays.

More about the British Library
As one of the world’s great libraries, our duty is to preserve the nation’s intellectual memory for the future. At the moment we have well over 150 million items, in most known languages, with three million new items added every year. We have manuscripts, maps, newspapers, magazines, prints and drawings, music scores, and patents. We operate the world’s largest document delivery service providing millions of items a year to customers all over the world. What matters to us is that we preserve the national memory and enable knowledge to be created both now and in the future.

Closing date: 1 July 2018
Interview date: 19 and 20 July 2018

Disability Confident
We are a Disability Confident employer, and make a commitment to recruit and support disabled people. We guarantee an interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum (essential) requirements for a vacancy.

APPLICATIONS: https://britishlibrary.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/birl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01001510
ENQUIRIES: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk<http://www.bl.uk/>
The British Library’s latest Annual Report and Accounts : www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html<http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/annrep/index.html>
Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book. www.bl.uk/adoptabook<http://www.bl.uk/adoptabook>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.