Hi Amy,

interesting you should mention this:  We've recently started seeing more discrepancies between our A.fumigatus precipitating antibody assay (counter-current immunoelectrophoresis method) and the A.fumigatus IgG FEIA on the ImmunoCAP.  I'll investigate whether it coincides with these lot numbers and let you know.

Basically we're seeing mild/moderately elevated A.fumigatus specific IgG results on the ImmunoCAP (values typically 50-100) with completely negative CIE results (tested for precipitins to both A.fumigatus filtrate and somatic antigens).  We would expect negative CIE results to generate a corresponding A.fumigatus IgG result <40.

thanks,

Adrian

Dr Adrian Heaps BSc MSc PhD DIC FRCPath
Consultant Clinical Scientist & Clinical Lead for Immunology
Department of Virology & Immunology
Cumberland Infirmary
Newtown Road
Carlisle
Cumbria
CA2 7HY

Cumberland Infirmary contact:
Tel: 01228 814367 / 814645
Fax: 01228 814864
CIC bleep 704

The NCUHT Pathology Handbook can be found here<http://F-EMAIL01.xnuth.nhs.uk:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiY0YjY5NDU3OWQzNmUzNzJkMT01QjMyMTJFM18yODkyMl8xNDk5XzEmJmMzNTY5OWI0ZGI2YzZmOT0xMjIyJiZ1cmw9aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dyUyRW5jdWglMkVuaHMlMkV1ayUyRmZvci1ncHMlMkZwYXRob2xvZ3klMkZpbmRleCUyRWFzcHg=>

James Cook University Hospital contact:
Tel: 01642 854129 / 835642

** Please note I work at the RVI Newcastle on Mondays **
Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle contact: