Hi,

I’m glad this has come up because it’s not something we’d even considered. We were turning UEFI off as a matter of course so we could PXE boot for SCCM, and that was that.

However, given the fact we’re imminently pushing to Windows 10, I think it’s high time to consider the switch. I’ve tested a couple of machines with UEFI enabled in BIOS, and it makes things so much simpler, insomuch the only change I have to make is possibly enabling PXE if it isn’t already. To use legacy BIOS modes requires a lot of changes now, and it can differ wildly by machine. Given we also have designs on enabling encryption in a big way, it’s as good a time as any to be visiting this.

I think it’s a safe bet UEFI will become the standard for our Windows 10 machines now.

Regards

--

David Rickard

Infrastructure Architect

IS&T Directorate

Buckinghamshire New University

High Wycombe Campus

Queen Alexandra Road

High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire HP11 2JZ

Telephone: 01494 601 649

Facsimile: 01494 524 392

Main Switchboard: 01494 522 141, ext. 1649

bucks.ac.uk