From: Support issues for windows in UK HE & FE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryant, Nick ([log in to unmask])
Sent: 02 May 2018 10:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Office Click-to-Run and non-standard accounts

Dear All,

For those institutions who are using or considering using Click-to-Run with Office 2016, how are you handling conference accounts, exam accounts and other types of ‘non-user’ accounts that use Office?

It seems that to use Click-to-Run each user has to have an Office 365 ProPlus license, but we wouldn’t ordinarily assign a license to such users.

It looks like Office 2019, although it is Click-to-Run only, is going to have a Volume Licensing solution of some sort, but we are scratching our heads in the meantime how to deal with these types of accounts with C2R.

Nick

Nick Bryant
Senior Systems Engineer

Information Technology | Canterbury Christ Church University
RH5, Rochester House, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1UT

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee, registered in England (reg. no. 986729). Registered office: Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS.