Dear all,

We have a requirement to consider as part of a new managed build targeted for use in labs where research and experiments take place.  Essentially, the requirement is to guarantee uninterrupted use of the PC for an extended period of time, which we're translating to (to be reviewed) a more relaxed patching policy, adjusted power management and related settings around screensaver lock, etc.

I'm just curious to know what others do in this space, particularly around patching policies?  We have some users whose processes need to run over several days, possibly longer, and the systems (very often) are standalone - which in itself causes problems.

Thanks,

Pete

----

Pete Chrichard