>The problem there was UEFI PXE - not so much in getting it to work at all, but in getting it to work reliably and >without side-effects.

>E.g. cancelling out of a UEFI PXE boot by hitting Esc at the boot menu could lead to windows booting with no >network available until the PC was restarted. We also had a much higher rate of issues with PCs failing during >the PXE boot process, and sitting on an error screen rather than rebooting and going round again. (This is not >great when re-imaging a room overnight via wake-on-lan, as the machines are then stuck until someone >manually intervenes.)

That's interesting, here at Lancaster we've seen very few problems with UEFI PXE other than the fundamental one of some old hardware not supporting it even on their latest firmware, but that's not been an issue on anything that we've bought in about the last four/five years.  All our more recent kit is Lenovo but there is still a fair amount of Dell out there.  Saying that we don't do all the mass-reimaging via WoL that you do so maybe that's a factor?

Phil