We’re aiming to use JAMF/DEP wrapped into a bigger service introduction piece for Macs – growing user base, currently completely unmanaged.  Some of the feedback from staff suggests one of the reasons Macs are preferred is to avoid any central IT service involvement, which is making us hesitant to call the service anything along the lines of Managed Mac Service, or equivalent.  Just curious if this is the scene elsewhere and how others have tackled it, branded it, and resourced the support around it.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete Chrichard | 0191 33 42940

Service Delivery Manager | Computing and Information Services | Durham University | Science Site | South Road | Durham | DH1 3LE

https://www.dur.ac.uk/cis/servicedesk/contactus