Dear all,

following the message below, we have received 14 answers. We encourage you, if you have not done so already, to give your opinion on the communication strategy of ANISEED and its relationship to the TUNICATA list.

Preliminary data from the 14 answers collected indicate:

2)71% of responders are developmental biologists (ANISEED was initially created for the field fo developmental biology, before the inclusion of informations related to other fields). ANISEED is thus also used by by non-developmentalists :-)
3) 93% of responders would like to receive more information about ANISEED
4) All responders would like some ANISEED info to be posted on TUNICATA list, but 64% prefer that this is limited to updates, etc…
5) 64% would like a dedicated ANISEED list to be implemented on top of TUNICATA list.

Whether you agree or not with this preliminary set of opinions, your opinion is important. Whether you are a PhD student, Post-doc, PI or technician does not matter. All that matters is that you are a user of the system.

You can give your opinion (<2 minutes of your time) by filling in the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-1jjipVIvT06yjMwgG1UNwQEs6ND5BHSK7nBriDE3xt9nfQ/viewform

The poll will be closed on May 18th.

Best wishes,

Patrick, on behalf of the ANISEED team.

Dear all,

We need your feedback.

As ANISEED grows (now 11 different tunicate genomes, soon more; support for RNA-seq data; soon ATAC-seq…), we feel a need to communicate more frequently with the community, to keep you abreast of novelties, of bugs or simply of what we are currently doing.

For this, we created a tweet account (@Aniseed_DB ‏), a Facebook page (Tunicate community). We encourage you to follow these - currently underused - accounts.

We also realise that not everyone is fan of social networks. An ANISEED diffusion list (to which anyone can subscribe and from which e-mail messages can be posted) may also be very useful to communicate. Our tunicate community is, however, small and there is already TUNICATA list. On the other hand, not everyone uses ANISEED, and we are hesitating to “pollute" TUNICATA list with messages about servers being down for maintenance, etc…

We thus encourage you to give your opinion on the following very short (4 questions, <2 minutes) online questionnaire:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-1jjipVIvT06yjMwgG1UNwQEs6ND5BHSK7nBriDE3xt9nfQ/viewform

The questions asked in the questionnaire (please use the online questionnaire, do not answer my mail):

1)Your field of research
2)Would you generally like ot receive more frequent information from the ANISEED team?
3)What kind of information on ANISEED would you like to receive  via TUNICATA list?
4)Do you think that ANISEED should create a specific mailing list independent of TUNICATA ?

Thank you for the time you will take to give your input

Patrick on behalf of the ANISEED team

Join the March for Science
Participez à la Marche pour les Sciences
http://www.marchepourlessciences.fr/

Patrick Lemaire
CRBM
1919 Route de Mende