Dear colleagues,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me? I am currently writing a book on sport and family practices. I am finishing off a chapter about how children are introduced to sport. One of the primary routes into sport is through school (P.E. and general play). Does anyone know of any literature that would summarise the roles of schools/teachers/P.E. in facilitating an interest in sport? My sample includes boys and girls of different ethnic groups, social classes etc., so I'm very open to different contexts and case studies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With best wishes,

Tom

Dr Thomas Fletcher, Senior Lecturer

International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH)

Centre for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)

Leeds Beckett University, Macaulay 119, Leeds, LS3 6QU, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)113 8123515

Book Reviews Editor: Soccer & Society
Editorial Board member: Leisure Studies, Sociological Research Online, Sport in Society, Soccer & Society, Palgrave Communications

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to:-
http://disclaimer.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/disclaimer/disclaimer.html