*Apologies for cross posting*

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Ingrid Olson at Temple University (https://sites.temple.edu/cnltu/). Both U.S. and international applicants are welcome. Our lab places great emphasis on postdoctoral training, and we have an excellent track record of placing our postdocs in faculty positions and high-level data science positions. You will work on Dr. Olson’s NIH funded grant to study the conceptual underpinnings of social cognition.

We are seeking an individual with a strong background in social cognition, semantic memory, or machine learning methods.  Experience with fMRI is essential. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to gain additional neuroimaging expertise, especially in the area of diffusion imaging research. Temple has a new state-of the-art imaging center (see https://liberalarts.temple.edu/news/announcing-temple-university-brain-research-imaging-center) on the ground floor of the Psychology building. Translational aspects of this postdoc include the opportunity to work with several patient populations (MCI, mild traumatic brain injury, stroke).  Whoever is hired will be provided with the opportunity to develop as a basic scientist while simultaneously obtaining experience in translating basic science theories and into clinical research that is fundable by NIH.

Salary will depend on experience, with a minimum set by NIH. The position is initially for 1 year but can be extended for up to 4 years. We also provide funds for conference attendance and U.S. visa expenses. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. We are aiming for a start date between now and October 1, 2018.

Philadelphia is a large city on East Coast of the United States. It is known for its walkability, history, and funky neighborhoods (https://philly.curbed.com/2016/6/28/12050656/coolest-neighborhoods-in-philadelphia). It is 2 hours south of New York City, 2 hours north of Washington D.C.; both can be easily accessed by train. There is a confluence of neuroscience research in this region, with other institutions such as Drexel, Jefferson, University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins, and Rutgers, located nearby. Opportunities for collaboration are endless.