*Apologies for cross posting*

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Ingrid Olson at
Temple University (https://sites.temple.edu/cnltu/). Both U.S. and
international applicants are welcome. Our lab places great emphasis on
postdoctoral training, and we have an excellent track record of placing our
postdocs in faculty positions and high-level data science positions. You
will work on Dr. Olson’s NIH funded grant to study the conceptual
underpinnings of social cognition.

We are seeking an individual with a strong background in social cognition,
semantic memory, or machine learning methods.  Experience with fMRI is
essential. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to gain
additional neuroimaging expertise, especially in the area of diffusion
imaging research. Temple has a new state-of the-art imaging center (see
https://liberalarts.temple.edu/news/announcing-temple-university-brain-
research-imaging-center) on the ground floor of the Psychology building.
Translational aspects of this postdoc include the opportunity to work with
several patient populations (MCI, mild traumatic brain injury,
stroke).  Whoever
is hired will be provided with the opportunity to develop as a basic
scientist while simultaneously obtaining experience in translating basic
science theories and into clinical research that is fundable by NIH.

Salary will depend on experience, with a minimum set by NIH. The position
is initially for 1 year but can be extended for up to 4 years. We also
provide funds for conference attendance and U.S. visa expenses. The
position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. We are
aiming for a start date between now and October 1, 2018.

Philadelphia is a large city on East Coast of the United States. It is
known for its walkability, history, and funky neighborhoods (
https://philly.curbed.com/2016/6/28/12050656/coolest-neighb
orhoods-in-philadelphia). It is 2 hours south of New York City, 2 hours
north of Washington D.C.; both can be easily accessed by train. There is a
confluence of neuroscience research in this region, with other institutions
such as Drexel, Jefferson, University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins, and
Rutgers, located nearby. Opportunities for collaboration are endless.