POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS

We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals who share our passion in deciphering the enigma of the brain to join us at the Clinical Brain Lab (clinicalbrain.org), Nanyang Technological University! We currently have two positions available in research areas of (1) educational neuroscience, and (2) deception from a social neuroscience perspective.

1) Educational Neuroscience (Literacy in Bilinguals)

We are interested in building capacity for research in the Science of Learning, in particular in the area of literacy in bilingual children. The successful candidate will work closely with researchers at the Centre for Research and Development in Learning (CRADLE), National Institute of Education (NIE), and other international collaborators from institutes such as Johns Hopkins University, Imperial College London and/or University of Cambridge.

2) Cognitive Neuroscience of Deception

Our research focus includes understanding the neural mechanisms of deception and identifying the neural signatures for the detection of deception. Expertise in EEG is a plus.

The main research modalities in our lab include: neuropsychological assessments, cognitive tests, functional Magnetic Resonance (fMRI), diffusion MRI (DTI, HARDI, DSI), electroencephalography (EEG), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS).

We welcome applicants with a doctorate (PhD) degree in various backgrounds such as: experimental psychology, biopsychology, cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, neurology, psychiatry, cognitive neuroscience, electrical engineering, medical engineering, computer science, and related fields.

Candidates are expected to have good interpersonal skills and to have demonstrated record of excellent scientific writing skills.

Desirable qualification includes one or more of the following:

§  Experience with conducting behavioral experiments in neuropsychology or cognitive psychology.

§  Experience with neuroimaging techniques (MRI/EEG/or TMS).

§  Familiarity with image data analysis tools such as SPM, FSL, AFNI, DSI Studio, Matlab, Python etc.

Nanyang Technological University (www.ntu.edu.sg) is a research intensive university currently placed 1st in Asia and amongst the world’s best young universities. The university has colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and an Interdisciplinary Graduate School. It also has a medical school, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), set up jointly with Imperial College London. It houses the state-of-the-art neuroimaging facilities with access to a newly installed 3T MRI scanner and MEG, as well as new facilities with EEG, NIRS, TMS and tDCS equipment.

Please address questions or send Curriculum Vitae, letter of application with research interests, and three letters of recommendation to [log in to unmask]

Contact information: S.H. Annabel Chen, PhD, Professor of Psychology, School of Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 14 Nanyang Drive, HSS-04-19, Singapore 637332, phone +65-6316-8836

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.