Hello,

I am attending the ICED conference in Atlanta in June and presenting some work on migrant academics. I was wondering if anyone else who is going to be there is interested in this area and whether we can meet up. I am looking to build my networks in this area, so would love to meet with people who wanted to further discuss teaching, research and training issues around migrant academics.

If you want to see the kind of work around migrant academics I’ve been doing with my colleague (Namrata Rao), you can read about it in this blogpost which was about one of our recent events: https://anesaresearch.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/srhe-migration-and-academic-acculturation-event/

If you are interested – could you email me directly (don’t want this to become a whole discussion thread!).

Cheers

Anesa

Anesa Hosein

Lecturer in Higher Education

Programme Director of PhD in Higher Education

Department of Higher Education

10AD04, AD Building

University of Surrey

Guildford

GU2 7XH

Tel: 0148-368-3759

Web: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/dhe/people/111125/index.htm

Blog: https://anesaresearch.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @anesa

Upcoming Events:

SRHE Event 19 April, 2018: Migration and Academic Acculturation – personal narratives and discussions on the values and challenges of being a migrant academic. https://www.srhe.ac.uk/events/details.asp?eid=328

Latest book:

Medland, E., Watermeyer, R., Hosein, A., Kinchin, I.M. and Lygo-Baker, S. (Eds) (2018),  “Pedagogical Peculiarities: Conversations at the Edge of University Teaching and Learning ”, Brill (Sense) Publishers, https://tinyurl.com/ycjjo77f

Pedagogical Peculiarities (small)

Latest publications:

Hosein, A. and Harle, J. (2018). The relationship between students prior mathematical attainment, knowledge and confidence on their self-assessment accuracy. Studies in Educational Evaluation. 56(1) pp. 32-41 https://t.co/LH5P6I7wpy

Hosein, A. (2017). Pedagogic Frailty and the Research-Teaching Nexus. In I.M. Kinchin and N.E. Winstone (Eds): Pedagogic Frailty and Resilience in the University (pp. 135-149). Sense Publishers. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-94-6300-983-6_10

Hosein, A. and Rao, N. (2017). Pre-Professional Ideologies and Career Trajectories of the Allied Professional Undergraduate Student. Research in Post-Compulsory Education. 22(2) pp. 252-270 http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/RjrVaIfSKXwNkfy34UtA/full

Rao, N., & Hosein, A. (2017). The limits of HEI websites as sources of learning and teaching information for prospective students: a survey of professional staff. Perspectives: Policy and Practice in Higher Education. 21(1), pp. 4-10 http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/32NN2qTkN9FEAdYAZADZ/full (Winner of the John Smith Essay Prize)

Hosein, A., & Rao, N. (2017). Students’ reflective essays as insights into student centred-pedagogies within the undergraduate research methods curriculum. Teaching in Higher Education, 22(1) 109-125. http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/jgGhks4kPZE9BmQwbVRh/full