From: Jones, Anna <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:26 pm
Subject: Re: Writing on the blackboard instead of PPT
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Donna

I have been trying to track down a paper I have read.  I am afraid I can’t remember the author but I do remember that the paper suggested that writing on a board (blackboard or white board) is really helpful for students as they can see the ideas unfold in real time rather than presenting a complete and sanitised version.  This is particularly the case in disciplines like mathematics and physics where it is really helpful for the teacher to work through a problem, talking through it as they go and students can follow step by step. There may be something in the physics or mathematics education literature.

Sorry I can’t be more help

Best wishes

Anna