From: Research of postgraduate psychologists. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jeremy Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 May 2018 17:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Stuck on experiment analysis

I would analyze this as a multilevel (random effects, mixed) model.

When you do this, you make the data long, rather than wide. Here's an example:

Here are your wide data:

Participant   X  Private   Taxi  Public
1                   3   4                 1      4
2                   2   2                 4      3

X represents a predictor of some sort (or a set of predictors, e.g. time).

Make the data long:

Participant  Mode          X  Score
1                  Private      3   4
1                  Taxi           3   1
1                  Public        3  4
2                  Private      2   2
2                  Taxi           2   4
2                  Public        2  2

Now you only have one DV (outcome variable). So you can do a regular regression (ANOVA), but you have a new problem people are repeated on rows, which is normally a no-no. Multilevel models fix that.

How you do it depends on what program you use. If you tell us, someone might be able to help.