Hi everyone,

The Edinburgh branch of the British Science Association are organising a debate/ discussion centred around food myths and are looking for panellists to discuss the following themes:

- Food research e.g who funds it? Can we trust the headlines?

- Food sources e.g Where does food come from? Is organic really better?

- What should we eat? e.g. Are there superfoods? Do fad diets work? Are the claims made by “clean eating” real?

We are also open to other ideas and themes around this topic, so please get in touch if you are interested!

The debate will take place on (most likely) the 11th of June in Edinburgh. We plan on asking each of the panellists to each give a short talk, answer some structured questions from our debate Chair, and then we will open up to questions from the audience.

If you are interested in getting involved, send us an email at [log in to unmask] or contact us via Twitter or Facebook

Thank you!

Kaitlyn

BSA Edinburgh Chair

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)