Dear all,

It feels a bit weird to be advertising my own job but we’re looking for someone to cover my role whilst I’m on maternity leave (why share these things on Facebook when you can do so on a mailing list for thousands of people?!).  As you may know, our Public Engagement team builds capacity for engagement across the University, embeds engagement in our structures and processes, works with staff and students to develop and carry out their public engagement ideas, and runs a programme of innovative engagement activities.

The Head of Public Engagement plays a key role in developing and delivering a high quality strategic agenda for public engagement, as part of the Engaged University strategy and provides expert advice to the most senior staff across the University, as well as academic and other departments. The post holder serves as the Head of the University’s Public Engagement team within the Division of Research and Enterprise Development (RED).

We are looking for an individual with substantial experience at a senior level in relevant areas of work, such as creating imaginative public engagement opportunities, developing and managing a portfolio of activity, and leading and motivating people. If you have significant knowledge and experience of public engagement at a senior level, can operate in a continually changing environment, and are keen to take on a new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.

Contract type: full time, fixed term until April 2019(ish)

Salary: £50,618-£56,950

Closing date: 3rd June

For more details and to apply please go to https://bit.ly/2rMDHCA or search on http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/ for SUPP104114.  If you have any questions about the role, please contact me on [log in to unmask] or Acting Director of Research and Enterprise Development (and my boss), Simon Gray on [log in to unmask]

Dr Kate Miller

Head of Public Engagement

Research and Enterprise Development

University of Bristol

Oldbury House, 121 St Michael's Hill, Bristol BS2 8BS

Tel: 0117 3318321

www.bristol.ac.uk/public-engagement

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)