Hello Ali

I too am not at all deeply familiar with Gibsonian thought. And thus I have
been also following the latest exchange as a total 'primitive', brewing in
mind such "primitive" questions as those you raise.

Too bad none among us more familiar with Gibson has thus far dared
commenting the topic you raised, in my view so important as it is in what
now has become a global world market. Artifacts conceived in one corner of
the globe are more or less being massively used in another corner, and I
doubt if their designers systematically have prior study and knowledge of
those new contexts of use, and knowledge of specific socio-cultural etc.
characteristics of different users in those different other contexts.

 And yet, artifacts derive their 'goodness' not only on their technical
(affordance?) attributes, but also, and I would say mostly, on their
fitness (affordance???) in respective specific usages... Could anyone,
please, more ably comment further on this?

With thanks in advance!

François
Rwanda