Dear Richard, and members of the list, regarding Gibson reflections and
descriptions I recommend the lecture of a 1973 paper (part of the works
presented in the DRS London Conference - Design Activity:

THE HOUSING ENVIRONMENT AS A PROBLEM OF OBJECT DESCRIPTION
Roel Daru
Bouwcentrum, Rotterdam

Here the author adresses the "Form Description", referencing Gibson and
Gombrich.

An extended abstract is available here:
https://www.designresearchsociety.org/cpages/publications-1
The abstract is contained in the file:
1973_london_design-activity_theme-01.pdf (page 1-22-1)

best regards to everybody

  *Alejandra Poblete P.* DESIGN DEPARTMENT ACADEMIC   *Senior Lecturer  |
Design School* Faculty of Humanities and Social
Communication Technologies

+56996896490

Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana www.utem.cl

<https://www.facebook.com/utem.cl>   <https://twitter.com/utem>